Stuart Ridgway is a seasoned product owner and UX designer with over 10 years experience managing digital teams. He helps organizations achieve their missions by coordinating multiple program, product, and online strategies. Stuart leverages design thinking practices alongside classic project management expertise to help organizations meet their business and end-user needs. He uses his broad technical knowledge and keen interpersonal skills to agilely collaborate with stakeholders, developers, designers, content creators, and marketing / communications teams.
Managing Consultant and UX Design Practice Lead
Voice of America // U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)
I founded the UX design practice for USCIS Verifications Modernization program comprising three multi-million dollar projects. I’m currently leading the redesign for several multi-lingual mobile apps on behalf of Voice of America that provide digital content for millions of people around the world.
Product Owner for the Data Services Platform
International Trade Administration (ITA)
I directed a diverse team of developers, designers, and business leads in building the Data Services Platform (DSP) from inception.
DSP touted by both the Secretary of Commerce and the Department’s Chief Data Officer as the exemplary data initiative for their agencies to follow.
Three of the top U.S. shipping companies have integrated multiple DSP APIs into their custom software. The DSP supports traffic surges of over 300,000 hits a day.
Product Manager for the Business Gateway (BG)
The President’s eGov Initiative
I led a user first / data driven approach to the ongoing development of the BG web properties including Business.gov, the premier federal government site for U.S. firms.
BG featured in Business Week, The White House Innovations Gallery, and Entrepreneur magazine. Huffington Post awarded BG as one of Five Places on the Web to Find the Truth.
Director of Operations and President
Pyramid Digital Productions, Inc.
I successfully built and operated the first all-digital recording/composing facility in the greater Washington DC area, Pyramid Digital Productions, Inc. The company generated profit within two years.
Presentations and Community Engagement
- View Presentation Modernization Projects Don’t Have to Suck – DC Full Stack Summit 2017
- Download the Slide Deck Don’t Let Bad UX Kill Your Open Data – UXDC Conference
- Read the Event Recap Open Data/Open Source: Promoting Social and Economic Good – DC Special Libraries Association
- Enterprise product management
- Voice-of-the-customer stewardship
- Problem solving from multiple perspectives
- Multimedia Web content creation
- Web, data, mobile, and social media strategy development
- Business writing
- B.A. Math/Computer Science Wesleyan University
- Continuing Education in Computer Science and Multimedia Harvard University
- Certified Scrum Product Owner, 2016
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certified, 2009
- Winner of multiple Peer Awards for Best Composer
- Four time Winner of the Annual Hale Chili Fest (forced into retirement 2011)
- Member of UXPA-DC
- Member of American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers (ASCAP)
- Member of Television, Internet and Video Association (TIVA – Board Member 2003 to 2004)
- Member of Women in Film & Video (WIFV – one of few male members)